Posts by Vellar

Lol I didn't actually think to say that here, and actually just doing Feywald's quests daily when you get that point will get you much more exp than going to FTG even 10 times would at that point. At lower levels or for classes that you haven't put much levels in though FTG is very fast though.

Oh hey, this game gets a little grindy at around level 63 and really gets grindy once you get to the level 70+ point (the level cap is level 80 so it makes sense though). It is a little pay to win, but all of aeria's games are. You can get exp boosters (they're honestly not even that good though) and the costumes give you stats, though you can usually find people selling a few of the costumes in the Auction House for a decent price anyway. When you start out those prices will seem really high though.

If you have any other questions though my in-game name is the same as my forum name.

Well considering how long it's taking to finish translating this patch, Samurai's not gonna be here for a pretty long time...

Wow can't believe this still isn't released in our region, when I first heard about it, I though it was just a bad translation for the swordmaster or dragonknight. Now that I looked it up (it's on the wiki) I can't believe we don't have it.

Your wish is granted you now constantly land on the astral crystals on the astral puzzles.

-------

I wish I was OP

(also just to reply to the person who jinxed mine, what do you mean you can use money at any age).

Try adding twin saga as an exception before completely disabling the antivirus if that's the cause as this person says. Idk why that fixes it if twin saga is detecting the antivirus and not the other way around but that's what they told me in a ticket about AVG.

When you uninstalled the game, you made sure all the files in the Twin Saga folder were deleted right? Occasionally the files are still there even if you uninstall a game with Steam (even though the launcher's supposed to fix the files sometimes some corrupt files get through). Also try verifying the integrity of the game if you haven't already by following the instructions here the launcher will replace them sure but maybe that will work. Otherwise I don't know what else to suggest.

It was on a cold hallows eve that Kittana was preparing for a pumkpkin carving contest. Using her magic Kittana was sure to win the contest. She could carve the perfect pumpkin with a spell and apply a enchantment to make the pumpkin glow like the moon and dazzle the judges. After reading through her magic grimoire for ingredients, Kittana found all she needed to create her enchantment was a hair from a furval. “A hair from a furval, that’s easy!” she said, but she forgot one thing, Halloween can turn a furval into quite the naughty kitten. You see furvals are cursed to play pranks every Halloween, they may normally give you treats but during this day all they want to do is trick you. The furvals knew what Kittana wanted, and sure they gave her a piece of hair when she asked, but that’s not all they gave her, they also secretly gave her another ingredient. Let’s just say Kittana will end the contest with a bang, she ran back as feast as she could and created the perfect pumpkin.

When it was time for the contest to start Kittana made sure her pumpkin stayed in the perfect condition, the judges impressed by her pumpkin came over to look at it. “Wow they said, that’s the best pumpkin we’ve ever seen.” When they were just about to hand Kittana the first-place ribbon, something started to happen, her Jack-o-lantern started to grow, bigger… and bigger and bigger. “What’s happening!?” Kittana yelled, but it was too late the pumpkin was about to explode. Thinking quickly Kittana used a spell to move the pumpkin away, but what she didn’t know was Luna was standing right where she was sending the pumpkin. Luna turned around, spotted the pumpkin, and it blew up as soon as she was about to pick it up, sending her straight to the moon. And that's truth behind how Luna got her name, not because she controls moonlight, but because she was sent to the moon.

IGN: Vellar

Aeria Account: Zer0theAssassin

If this is so "unnatural" and poor game design then you'll have to take that up with other more popular mmorpgs, because a lot of them do have some form of exp scaling. not just a static amount no matter what level you are (usually if you are within 5-10 levels of the enemy you will get full exp, but any level before that you don't, they do usually have an upper limit too though). Also the only reason I brought up dungeons was to say that exp gain is much higher for dungeons, especially nabuland for classes than enemies that are on regular maps. I know this isn't a mmorpg, but lets for example look at games like Bravely Default, once you level up high enough, it will be much easier to level the jobs you haven't used before, because higher level enemies actually give you enough more exp than lower level enemies.

In this game however it's barely noticeable once you get a class to level 20, the exp bar doesn't seem to fill that much faster in the Sanctopolis areas than say Jungle Mortalis. That's why I suggested there be some kind of scaling, because I can't see them flat out adjusting their exp, since that would make it faster for everyone, close to the enemy's level or not.

I don't even know what your first sentence's point is, but that's why I'm suggesting there be some kind of exp scaling, so that it can a worthwhile amount based on what level the class is, and what level the enemies are. That's actually part of my point, because they give so little exp, there should be some kind of modifier for enemies that aren't in a dungeon.

What if it were to function in a way that your character level has to be a certain range within the enemy's level? You already got far enough to kill the enemy, so why not be able to level your lower level classes faster. Since one of this game's selling points is that you can freely change classes at any time (as long as you're not in combat), why not make it easier to actually use other classes.

I'm not suggesting this so that someone that just started the game can instantly get to a high class level if they can kill enemies that are way above their level somehow (or get a friend to do it for them) I don't want that. I also mentioned in my first post that it doesn't even have to be a big boost in exp, but even a few extra exp would be useful to level up a class you aren't maining.

Basically this is a suggestion for the amount of class exp you gain from an enemy (that is not in a dungeon) to scale based on the difference between your current class level, and the enemy's level. Since some dungeons already give a lot of class exp, this shouldn't really cause any balancing issues, since your guild members can already help you level different classes up quickly by killing the enemies inside. For example a level 60 enemy on the field shouldn't barely fill your exp bar any faster than level 30 enemies when your class level is level 30. Yes there are already items to boost your exp gain, but like I said using those items in a dungeon while your guild kills enemies can be much more broken.

It doesn't even have to give you that much more exp depending on the level difference, I just think there should be some kind of class level scaling to make it easier to level up the classes you haven't used. Yes up until class level 20 is an instant level, but it starts to slow down a lot once you reach that point. Since leveling other classes makes you more powerful in general (from titles and skills) it would make sense to be faster to level up other classes when you get to a high enough level. Yes you can level other classes up fast from quests too, but I think we should just have more options in how we choose to level them up.

Sorry If I sounded harsh in the way I worded what I wrote, but someone else was saying that it's not fixed because "that's how it works" and because no one asked for it to be fixed. I know that wasn't from a staff member, so I apologize if it sounds like I'm taking it out on staff when that wasn't an official response from Aeria. Of course I do want this fixed but I may have gone a little overboard in this thread lol.

There are hundreds of mmorpgs new, old, 2d or 3d that reset player rankings all the time and do not freeze the entire game to do so. Why does this game (and I'm assuming other Aeria games) freeze when the ranks are reset. "Because it works that way" is not a valid explanation, not only because that tells you absolutely nothing, but also because if that's the case just change how it works.

It shouldn't cause so much stress on the servers that people cannot perform any action in fact it should barely even have an effect on them, it's literally just inserting blank data where there was once filled data, how could that cause it to freeze? If you were putting complicated data in I could maybe see that, but you must have this system automated, and as I said it's just removing information or resetting it to it's default value. Would this forum freeze every time you deleted a thread? I doubt it, so why should the game be any different?

It shouldn't be the case of no one complained so we haven't done anything about it, if there's an issue and you can fix it, you should. If more people actually knew about this game something like this might turn potential customers away. I'm not quitting the game over this or anything, I'm just saying it's silly for the whole game to freeze, and something should be done so that this doesn't happen.