Posts by LittlePunch

Once upon a time there was a Furval, which kinda looked like a Naughty Kitten but actually wasn't, because he was a pumpkin .

And if this story doesn't make any sense to your or doesn't seem Halloweenish enough then you can tell that to Kittana who btw is currently stuck on the moon because much like you she also thought. (And there is no oxygen on the moon if you catch my drift)

Yes. Thought, stop thinking and enjoy a horrible senseless story!

What do you mean this isn't a story? Well I'll be the Judge of that, now go play along Twin Saga resident who exists!

"Wait what? Didn't I ask you for a scary story...?"

"I get scared thinking this so called story exists... in my head... so now you should be scared too!"

The end.

#epic.#ClearWinner #ChickenDinner

IGN: LittlePunch
    Aeria Account: bluexx

I Realized Half Life Was Boring, I Aspire Greater Lengths With Strategy, Tense Narration, Overall Weapon Assortment, Headgear And Laser Waffles

THISSENTENCEWILLSELFDESTRUCT

On a side note, I'll never have hopeful happy dreams again without thinking about those quiet xylophone races and that one time they met quality racing bikes...

There is exp scaling...you only get exp at a certain level range, and it's based on base level like in literally every other game.

I personally dislike the whole 'you don't get exp if you are too low leveled' - I think that's poor design and many games solve this issue much more elegantly but it is at least an acceptable approach as a lazy workaround of an issue. (as opposed to whatever you say)

Of course your follow up poor example is acceptable for solo games for much the same reason as level selecting is absolutely acceptable once you finished a solo game, that's not how mmorpg works because mmorpg content needs to last for months of gameplay where a solo needs a few dozen hours and some replayability, it's very different.

Your example of 'oh no in game I have this and that happen' is also something that clearly shows you don't understand the design nor understand the actual issue - this is again the problem of mobs giving 0 exp and 100% impossible to grind with because the game is designed so that only bosses will generate exp worth having, the game does scale on boss exp btw, again based on your base level.

The point of the first sentence was to point out that while what you are saying makes for very poor game design, there is absolutely a realistic flaw in the game design the way high lvl dungeons (or non-dungeons which for some reason you think matter at all) are set right now in terms of grinding exp, as in - you are attacking the wrong 'flaw' here is the actual flaw.

See if they fixed that actual flaw and all dungeons were equally exp profitable if equally hard (which means massive increase to the exp expected on all high lvl non-fh dungeons) then to begin with you wouldn't need to seek out-of-place solutions that would just make the game rely on completely unnatural exp distribution.

It became increasingly evident to me that the game lack loot rate for crafting materials such as essence of oblivion, primeval power, flame something something and various trinket and gear crafting scrolls.

Adding them into the puzzles will be a great way to flood the market with those highly sought after items while not making them too easy to buy due to the AC price.

Not sure how you didn't notice, mobs don't give exp in this game in a quantity that worth mentioning, only bosses do, making the nabu-ftg-fh and fc dungeons the only reasonable choices for leveling up in dungeons as they are loaded with bosses // elites

That's the real faulty of the game here since it's kinda hilarious to think about how fast FH gives exp compared to dungeons way harder than it such as... pretty much literally any high level dungeon, normal dungeon mobs should 100% give much higher exp provided you aren't too many levels higher above them, in general exp from mobs on the high levels just needs to be rebalanced (while most game can stay intact due to how fast quests carry you to 73 anyway)

However I am not a fan of scaling based on class level, a lvl 80 and a lvl 20 both with class level 15 aren't facing the same difficulty by any means and I don't agree to the 'but I am leeching anyway' arguement, you can't enter a lvl 60 dungeon with a lvl 20 char to begin with and even if they could, they'd have a real issue getting a hit in and surviving, enough so to warrant a much better exp than a lv 80 who just 1 shot anything anyway with his lvl 1 class.

I am guessing what's likely going on is that the job that resets ranking/quests/etc daily locks the database to writing prevent data inconsistencies until the process is done and what was all smooth back when the database had 50 users during initial testing has long since become an unreasonable idea.

Since each session of users is always attempting to write states into the db (gaining exp, item, using anything, writing to chat, changing location by daring to walk etc) your session gets hung on waiting to be able to write (thus chat dies and server no longer send you anything because your session is still waiting on the db connection, can't do 2 things at once can we?)

If this is indeed written this way, and it's easy to imagine it is, then writing the reset script to not lock might seem like the easy fix but is probably enabling weird edge cases such as possibly glitching quests if you turn one in at exactly 6am etc, not to mention the issue of ranking 'cutoff time' where new credits can't be inserted as prizes are being sent (imagine the horror of a person getting send first prize only to then have 2nd place pass them in the milisecond the program iterates to the 2nd place... seeing that person again thus first place getting first and second place in the same week and second place getting nothing!)

The easiest solution to that sort of thing will just have to revolve rewriting the whole ranking system, possibly to add weekly tables (thus allowing a feature that lets you look at previous week winners etc) to prevent such case, changing quests to refresh individually 20 hours after completion or after being taken(in much the way 'dungeon rations' work as going -1 doesn't require blocking like resetting to 0 or table swaps) or other horribly not so bad ideas.

Now while 'simple enough' I can name 20 more important issues off the top of my head and that's not including the need to generate money-making-content, fix known bugs that affect play in non-weird hours (there's a reason why this script runs at 6am server time rather than say midnight) etc etc

If I worked for them I'd estimate that resolving this takes about 2 weeks of development, testing included, but priority is low or low-medium, this priority combined with the time estimate means that literally everything has to be perfect, smooth and everyone happy and generating money to the company AND creators must run out of new feature ideas completely before anyone bothers handling this. (assuming I am correct at my assessment that trying to use current system and just patching it up to not be blocking is way too much of a pandora box for anyone to reasonably think it's a smart idea to open it)

#Just a theory, don't have access to actual code, based completely on my understanding of said issue and experience with various software solutions to similar but not identical problems.