PM Letter - April 2019

• Greetings Guardians,

wow, this “beginning of March” turned into mid of April, which I honestly didn’t expect. Please accept my apology. With that out of the way, let’s get started!

In the last couple of weeks, we focused on the upcoming patch and finally have some good news for you – The patch will be applied to the live server on the 17th of April, which is already tomorrow. Hurray!

One of the reasons why it took so long to confirm a live application date is the fact that we underestimated the workload of this patch. It’s packed with lots of new content, like an increased level cap, which means new maps and dungeons of course, but also the highly anticipated Samurai class, along with some other features like guild wars, flower point quiz, seasonal events and more. Check out our latest patch notes to get more information!

Now to one of the other reasons – Localization. As you would expect, the localization work for this patch is also much bigger than the previous one, which we already had some struggle with, due to various issues and unfortunately the game was plagued with error text left and right. We managed to fix a lot of localization issues from previous patches, but we still have a long way to go. The upcoming patch will be featured in all three languages… sort of. Apart from some server-wide localization which can only be displayed in English, you will find some mixed in EN text in the German and French localization as well.

The reason? Well, I had to make a decision: Delaying the patch further because localization is not 100% ready or go live with the current progress and mix the localization to fill parts that were missing. As you would have already guessed, I decided to go with the latter option.

Needless to say that we continue to work on fixing and polishing our localization, so please expect steady progress on this topic. Also a big shout out to our Game Masters and Moderators who are a big help in this regard!

That’s it from my side for now. I hope you're looking forward to the patch as much as I do! :)

Best regards,

PM Fenrir